What is Babelbar?
- Server-based text-to-speech service - unlike downloadable text-to-speech software, our server-based technology means that a visitor to a site has full access to Babelbar wherever they are in the world. The screen-reader intelligently understands grammar and punctuation, quickly bringing any text to life in a range of clear and natural-sounding voices.
- Real-time spoken translation - any visitors to your site will be able to hear the text in their own chosen language. In addition, choosing the Captions option will also allow users to read the text in their chosen language, improving comprehension and language learning. For supported languages, click on languages link at bottom of page.
- Manual or Automatic - puts the User in control. Automatic mode allows the user to simply place their mouse over the text they wish to hear and ROK Talk does the rest. Manual operation allows the user to highlight selected text & words and press the Play button. In Manual mode, the user can also click the download button to save the spoken text as an MP3 file for future use.
- Visual controls - visitors can easily adjust the text size on a website at the click of a button, making it easier on the eyes. Users can also select the colour in which the text is highlighted as Babelbar reads it.
- Pronunciation correction - users can let us know of words that are pronounced incorrectly, and we will fix them.